Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Luncheon: Club Assembly - Committee Meetings
The club board has changed the third Tuesday committee meetings to accommodate some of the input provided last month. This coming Tuesday's committee meetings will be on the 7th Floor of the Union League Club.
The draft agendas for each of the committees are below.
The two committee rooms - all welcome:
1. Budget allocation for the current year is $45,677 minus $2,500 for A Safe Haven 5K July 13 for a total of $43,177.
2. The Dictionary Project. Presentation by Wes Westerfield.
3. The grant request of $1,800 to start an Interact Club at Northside Prep has been approved by majority vote. Our Don Garner will guide this effort and his daughter will serve as President. The school liasion will be identified soon.
4. 2019 Walk to End Alzheimer's Chicago at Solder Field October 26. Presentation by Jeff Kaplan from the Deerfield club. Rotary Action Group is involved. Details to follow.
5. RYLA presentation by Jim Dickerson from the Oak Forest club.
6. Snow City Arts presentation by John Wilhelm. Gallery Night event September 13.
7. Glenhagen Farm Retreat Peace Camp discussion by John Wilhelm and pro forma budget.
8. YMEN Server Project
1. Approval of the minutes for the July 23 meeting
2. Project accounting
3. Discuss creating an International Services Scholarship subcommittee
to review and shepherd scholarship requests as they are received.
4. Sacred Places update by Suzanne: GG hosted by RC Toronto. Request is for R1 to be global partner in project to promote interreligious community building to promote peace and conflict prevention/resolution. Project budget is $65,270 for the two-year period, not the $39,850 reported in July, which was only for the first year. See Exhibit 1 for Global Grand application. See Exhibit 2 for the SSS New Haven analysis—not printed for distribution. Please read on line.
5. Asuncion Paraguay: GG 1990778 to provide water fountains with clean and refrigerated water in 15 public schools hosted by RC Trinidad Asuncion presented by Marga. Goal is to reduce gastrointestinal and parasitic diseases in 8,000 school children.
Projected cost is $30,000. Exhibit 3.
6. Cochabamba, Bolivia: GG1985115 for Rehab Center for orphan/abandoned and disabled children hosted by RC Cochabamba. Projected cost is $48,974. Seeking global partner. Exhibit 4 (in Spanish)
7. Emergency Vehicles for Mexico presented by George (Jorge) Rabiela. We have helped George supply other emergency vehicles to villages in Mexico and he is requesting help for two more.
8. Open World Program presented by Betsy: Rotary participates in this program to build fellowship and friendship to strengthen international understanding by hosting emerging Eurasian leaders. Clubs are needed to host six member delegations plus an interpreter for eight days and nights and to prepare a professional program on themes provided by Open World. This is an exciting opportunity for our club if we can host a delegation. Note applications are due Sept 11. Exhibits 5,6, and 7
9. Enhancing R1 participation in the Polio Plus initiative presented by Marshall
10. For information: The Social Kitchen we helped fund with the RC Olsztyn Varmia (Poland) is opening On September 20 with additional events scheduled over the next two days. We are invited to attend. Betsy can provide contact information with the RC Olsztyn Varmia if you care to attend
Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:10 PM until 1:20 PM
The Union League Club has a dress code policy, strictly enforced, of business or business casual. No jeans, tennis shoes or other casual attire. Overcoats must be checked upon arrival in the building lobby.